The Lucky Diner Review

My vote: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I like the people here, they were nice and helpful, albeit a bit slow if it was swamped (but that's pretty normal when you're packed at the lunch rush).  I've had a few things here the 2 times I've been:  Grilled Cheese w. Tomato/Basil, Veggie Soup, Fries and the Lucky Cheeseburger with a side of fruit.  The grilled cheese was pretty good, and I like that they elevated a regular grilled cheese a bit with the addition of tomato, basil and balsamic vinegar!  The veggie soup was tasty, a bit on the spicy side, but if you like soup with some pep it was good and tasted homemade.  The Lucky Cheeseburger was HUGE, and thank goodness it had sauce on it and a tomato, otherwise it would have been dry. Why? Because me and a friend both ordered our meat medium rare to medium, and it came out well done.  Argh! I hate it when that happens...I want to go back next time, order it rare, and see what happens.  Also $12.95 is very steep for an "ok" burger at lunch, especially when a certain "infamous" burger food truck in Seattle is making a way better burger for less.   Anyway, I want to also mention the fresh fruit cocktail, because I thought it was really awesome that there was ACTUAL FRESH FRUIT in it, aha!  Like pear, and Granny Smith apples!  Looked like they were keeping it "seasonal".


My other friends had a veggie burger and the French onion soup, both of which they said were tasty!

I really want to make this a regular place for lunch, and guess what?  It probably will be, because I like this option in Belltown for lunch!  Sure, it might not be outstanding, but it's good.  And I'm hoping that they will get even better!

Oh but one more thing, it's called the Lucky Diner, but then it's logo has a 3 leaf clover...isn't a 4 leaf clover lucky?  hrm...



Photo By: Eater Seattle

These are my photos:
Lucky Diner in Belltown
Lucky Diner in Belltown
Lucky Diner in Belltown


Comments

Popular Posts