Can you guess what this is?

Batter Fractal?

I know, you're probably like, "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!"

I've had many guesses from friends and here are a few:
- beer
- cheesecake
- a horrifying skin infection
- coffee
- yeast
- foaming egg nog
- a deceit of lapwings (I have no idea what that is)
- pancakes
- aliens
- fractal crop circles from micro aliens
- Doughvember?

Haha!  But no, none of the above.  It's actually a photograph of what happened when I was making gluten free vegan cupcakes from my favorite cuppycakey recipe book, and when I poured the canola oil into the frothy batter, it made these amazing crop-circle like formations!  I almost ruined a perfect photo opp too by starting to stir, when I realized this was something I should probably take a picture of.  And I'm sure this happens all the time when baking, but this is the first time it's ever formed many sizes of circles around a large one.  SO COOL!

Time for winter baking!

Comments

Popular Posts