Big Lunch in Georgetown!

Lentil Shepherd's Pie

Okay, this wasn't what I got, but my friend David did and it was damn good! Can't really beat the "Savory French lentils, shitake mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, zucchini, and carrots baked under a generous layer of mashed cauliflower potatoes and sprinkled with cheddar cheese." That's what it says on Georgetown's Calamity Janes' menu and it's a pretty good description of this very hearty lunch. Maybe the lentils and carrots could have been cooked slightly longer, but everything tasted really good together in every warming bite. My hubby makes a version of this too (his is the best, what can I say), but this place is a close 2nd! ;)

I went a little lighter with their tortellini special plate that was served with pita and grilled watermelon. Whatever tastes the watermelon picked up on the grill was super delicious too, I must say. Loved the atmosphere of this place too, with a western sort of feel and it didn't feel like you were in Seattle at all, which is one of the wonderful traits about Georgetown. I sure hope they keep that little spot the way it is and never put up any modern buildings!

Tortellini salad, pita, and grilled watermelon

Anyway, if you find yourself in the Georgetown area, you gotta hit this place up. I have read some reviews that weren't so favorable for some staff, but honestly I thought they were super friendly and informative in terms of helping us make a choice for lunch. They've got a nice bar there too, so even pop in for a pint!

Comments

Popular Posts