Fig and Thyme Jam Recipe!

Found this super easy tasty recipe for Fig Jam in Bon Appetit magazine this month. I definitely preferred the taste more the day after it was jarred and refrigerated. And the original recipe used black mission figs I believe, but I had green ones so I used those.

Put 1/2 cup honey or sorghum syrup in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
Add 1tsp orange zest, 2 whole sprigs of thyme, and a pinch of salt.
Stir and continue to simmer for a minute.
Add 1lb of stemmed and quartered fresh figs (any type will do).
Simmer for 5-10 minutes depending on the softness of the figs
and that they retain their shape.

Let cool and put in a storage container or jar into the fridge.  VOILA!

I had mine on toast with peanut butter this morning, it was sooo tasty!  I loved
the savory accents from the thyme and earthy sweetness.

green figs
figs and orange zest
Breakfast!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Lara,
It's been a little while since I visited "the Fork", bad me. Just had to say again how your photographs are amazing and congrats on that pie, it looks delish! mmm.
Happy Autumn,
Rhonda
Aww thanks Rhonda! :) happy Autumn!

Popular Posts