Honey-Chile Chicken Wings Recipe by Tim Wood





This beautiful photo caught my eye in a recent issue of Food & Wine Magazine and now that I have made this recipe twice, I thought I should share it!  It will probably be a staple in my monthly diet it's so good! I just love the simplicity of putting the wings under the broiler first to get the skin super crispy while the meat remains juicy, and THEN adding your sauce. I haven't cooked chicken for a long time but I'm used to the method of marinating, then baking, then basting, etc. But the way this is cooked is pure genius! I want to make wings like this all the time now, in the broiler and then add a vinegary-sweet salty sauce. Accompany it with basmati rice, greens, salad, or just whip up a batch to eat by themselves. It's very versatile and I think the flavors would appeal to anyone who tried it.  Bon Appetit!  


  • INGREDIENTS
  • 4 pounds chicken wings
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • DIRECTIONS
  • Preheat the broiler and set a rack in the center of the oven. In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the wings on a wire rack set over a large, sturdy baking sheet. Broil for 45 to 50 minutes, turning once or twice, until the wings are cooked through and crisp.
  • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and crushed red pepper and simmer for 1 minute. Let cool, then whisk in the honey and soy sauce.
  • In a large bowl, carefully toss the chicken wings with the honey-soy mixture. Transfer the wings to a platter, sprinkle with the scallions and serve.

      Comments

      Popular Posts