Little Kiwi Season!

baby_kiwi_2

It's that time of year again, for those cute little Baby Kiwis to pop their tiny heads up in the produce aisle!  About the size of grapes, they have a smooth texture on the outside, not fuzzy like it's larger counterparts, so you don't have to bother taking off the skins. Just pop them into your mouth and enjoy the burst of kiwi flavor in "wee" form!  The seeds are also less apparent which is nice if you're someone that doesn't usually like that texture.  Sometimes I go to the trouble of nipping off the ends with my fingers, but you don't have to.  I bought them at PCC from the Organically Grown Company  in Oregon where you can get them only for a few months usually in September and October.  If they're not ripe, just wait a few days but not too long!  I discovered that they can go bad pretty quickly if not eaten.  But then again, if I get a little half pint I'm usually finished by the second day.  They are THAT good.




Comments

Popular Posts