Macrina's Apple Pie of Love

My workmate David and I had the most amazing pie at Macrina Bakery yesterday at lunch. I believe all the baking apples are in season right now, so it was just the perfect September dessert! They put their own homemade caramel on the top, which gave the crust a wonderful crispness to it, but inside was the classic tart-sweet combo of apples, sugar, cinnamon, and whatever other secret ingredient they might put in there. I must say, Macrina does their crust really well. I could just have a plate of crusts.

Apple Pie with Caramel Glaze

Comments

Shawna said…
Lara, that looks amazing! I have to try this now.
You'd have a heart attack Shawna! haha!
dan said…
hot damn, you know all the good eateries!
I do Dan! If you and the family ever come down, we'll have to take you out! And then we'll go skating. ;)

Popular Posts