Our wedding cake!

 Darren and Lara's Wedding Originally uploaded by Gabriel Cain
Last year, we went with http://www.jensdesserts.com/ for our wedding cake and it was just gorgeous. Three layers of vanilla cake, with white, milk and dark chocolate in between each layer, using the best organic ingredients. It was all covered in her famous "chocolate wrap" which is like fondant, but not as gummy in consistency. She made a deal that on our 1 year anniversary, she would make us a brand new topper to eat, instead of freezing ours for a year. She absolutely forbade us to do that, because it's never as good, and a fresh cake is always best...especially to celebrate our first year! So, this weekend, we are picking up a special little cake from Jen's, and celebrating our wedding day. I can't wait, because last year I think I got only 2 bites out of the whole thing, having too much fun running around and schmoozing with everyone!




Comments

Christine R said…
Aww, that is so cute! I hope you have a great first anniversary. :)
dan said…
that's a rad looking cake, congrats on the anniversary!
vieux bandit said…
Is that a tradition, to freeze the top for a year?? Never ever heard of it! (Sounds weird to me, but without that in mind... no free cake, argh!) (Also, I ain't no wedding expert!)
vieux, it is a tradition! Isn't it silly??

thanks Dan!
vieux bandit said…
Wow. Fighting ignorance, one random fact after the next! (I'd never a) last a year with cake in the freezer and b) want it after an entire year!) I guess (if you're not closely involved in somebody else's wedding) people only start telling you about all those "traditions" once you announce your engagement (mental note not to, if ever!). Or it's not done here at all. No clue!

(Annoyed that Blogger shows only "vieux" and not "bandit, grrr! What, they haven't caught on to two-word pseudonyms yet? lol)
That is weird they don't show the whole name...hrm...

I don't let other people bother me so much with their traditions. Some I like, and others I don't, and I just carry on. When I was engaged I wanted to shout it on the rooftops! :)
Joe Kresoja said…
that's a fine looking cake!

Popular Posts