Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vegan Banana Bread

Print this post
Banana Bread Cake

So, I know I keep making vegan baked goods but I can't help myself because they turn out so well! I found this recipe online last night, as our bananas were getting a bit too ripe to eat by themselves. The hubby, Darren, helped me too which was fun! The cake turned out really moist, with just the right amount of sweetness. I didn't have any All Spice, so I put about 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. Ginger powder and a dash of Cloves, in addition to the cinnamon. I also didn't have a loaf pan, so I used a round 9" cake pan, and cooked it for about 35 minutes, checking the doneness with a toothpick stuck in the middle, and it came out clean. Depending on your oven and how hot it gets, the timing may vary. I also used 4 bananas since I had them, although the recipe asks for 3. I think I'd go with the recipe amount, because it was hard to tell if the cake was still not done, or if it was the banana texture coming through.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oooh, I love banana bread!

Lara said...

This is a really great recipe!

Flag Counter