Magnificent Malaysian Food!

Roti CanaiTiger Prawns
chicken sataymango sticky rice

I probably can't say anything that hasn't been said already about Banana Leaf Malaysian Cuisine in Vancouver, but it really is one of the best places to eat down on Denman.  If you like your food with punches of spicy, sweet and salty tastes, this is the place for you!  There is nothing bland about this restaurant and everything I tried seemed so authentic.  Malaysian food isn't super popular where I live in Seattle, so this was quite a treat when visiting my mom for Mother's Day.  We shared a delectable appetizer called Roti Canai, that wasn't like an Indian roti that I've had before, but more soft with a touch of sweetness.  The spicy dipping sauce was perfect, too!  Then I had some spicy Tiger Prawns that were cooked with garlic and chili mixed with lemongrass and dried shrimp paste.  SUPERB!  And this was the first time I had okra that wasn't mushy, it was incredible.  My mom's Satay Chicken was really good too.  The dishes had just the right amount of food too, so we had room for dessert and splurged on the mango sticky rice.  The texture was perfect, and whatever caramel-like sauce they made with it, was like crack...I just wanted more, and had to stop myself from using my fingers to wipe the plate clean!

Check it out if you haven't already!


Banana Leaf on Denman
1096 Denman St., Vancouver, B.C. | Phone: 604-683-3333

Comments

Popular Posts