Last night's "Bites of Asia" cooking class at PCC Natural Market was fabulous! We learned how to make the Vietnamese style fresh roll wraps, scallop dumplings (including how to fold the wontons properly), and curry lamb skewers! Everything was absolutely delicious, my favorite being the dumplings...oh, if I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I'd be happy for life. The scallops and scallion filling was so fresh tasting, and really light. We steamed them in a large bamboo steamer, lined with cabbage. We also made dipping sauces for everything, which all had spicy, sweet, and salty elements to them.

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving! I'm from Vancouver, Canada, so their Thanksgiving was back in October. Mum would usually bake a ham. I really love how excessive the American one is, though (Aren't I shameful??). Maybe because I grew up with no siblings, ours was always really small, so I relish in the thought of about 10 people getting together to make a bountiful feast! I especially love being so full to move, falling asleep on the couch, waking up, and then eating again.

Hope yours is a nummy one!

mmm piiiiieeee

Comments

Popular Posts