Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brasa for Happy Hour!

Print this post
Last Friday I went to happy hour at Brasa on 3rd Avenue in downtown Seattle, with a couple of girl friends from work. Rhonda had gone a few years ago and remembered their food was pretty fantastic, so I was looking forward to trying it out.

We were not disappointed. Everything was so tasty, and for a happy hour menu, it was nice to see a really wide array of items we could choose from that included small tapas or slightly bigger fare. THANK YOU BRASA! Thank you for putting a little thought into a bar menu.

I ordered the Spanish Fried Squid, Kristen had the Falafel (dinner size!), and Rhonda decided on the Vegetable Empanadas. The lighting unfortunately was so low in the place, I couldn't get any good pictures of the food, but the presentation of each dish was really pretty and the first bites of all our dishes produced "mmmmm!" from all of us. We still couldn't really figure out what made my squid "Spanish" per say, but I'm guessing it was the different spices and sauces drizzled around it, and it was so damn good I really didn't care. Kristen's Falafel was nice and lemony, enveloped by a pita crisped on the outside. Rhonda's Empanadas' crust was so flaky and fresh, I wish I could have eaten a whole plate full. And then, we ordered even more. I know. So gluttonous. I got the Fire Roasted Vegetables, with Potato-Garlic Sauce and the girls got the Crispy Onions. And AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, we capped the evening off with some orgasmic, fresh out of the oven, Spanish Fried Doughnuts. Best Churros you'll ever have in downtown Seattle, bar none.

I guess I should also mention that they had a really nice variety of drinks too. I had a glass of white Cotes-du-Rhone , but the ladies had something called the Judy Jetson, which was vanilla Stolichnaya, Tuaca, and orange juice. YUM!

So check them out if you get a chance! It's a bit spendy even for happy hour, but a good "payday" place to visit.

2107 Third Avenue Seattle, WA

No comments:

Flag Counter